Hi friends! Did you know that our brain can get cluttered like a closet? Yes it can. And that’s why you need to spring clean your brain too. This has helped me and I hope it will help you too.We tend to keep our outer bodies clean, but neglect our brains.
All year we tend to stock and stock and stock our brains with junk until we can’t fit anymore. And do you know what happens when we run out of space? We have a nervous breakdown! We lose our minds and become unpleasant for family and friends to be around. We become very short tempered and suffer from depression and anxiety. Sadly, a lot of you don’t just have a years worth, but most of your life worth. And I’m not just talking about your conscious daily thoughts, but your subconscious thoughts too. All this clutter in our minds is what we usually call baggage. People say I’m carrying extra ” baggage”. And for some reason, we a lot of the time refuse to put it down.
I get it, life throws so much at you that it gets overwhelming. Let’s take a look into a sample brain shall we and start decluttering!
- My parents abused me as a kid- That was years ago. It’s time to put that down. They can’t hurt you anymore. That was a Vivid bad dream. It no longer exist!
- My mom was an alcoholic as a kid– That was years ago. Put that down. She’s a lot better now.
- My grandma died. I miss her too much– She was sick. Please put that down. She was suffering with cancer. Please let her be at rest.
- I had a miscarriage-Your little angel watches over you. Life gives us second chances! ( I know I got mine💗😊)
- My wife cheated on me-She just wasn’t meant to be. Life brings tons of other special people into our life. Or, you can forgive her. Have you done less than perfect things that you needed to be forgiven for in the relationship? Put the bag down.
- I feel fat and ugly! -There’s people with abnormalities that have self-esteem. Use them as inspiration to know you are more than just your body. God made you how he thought fit. And God creates beauty. Put that bag down!
- I hate my job!– Have you ever thought about making sacrifices to pursue your dream job? This is not a bag to carry; this is merely a goal to aspire for better.
- I’m stressed out about money!– Put that bag down. There’s always enough, we just don’t see it. Turn this into a goal and not bags!
- I have cancer.- Be ready to become a warrior and prepare your testimony. This is a bag to put down.
- I’m scared I might die.-When we die, it means we accomplished our mission on earth. If you don’t feel finished, get up from your sick bed and get out there! Show God that you value life, he just might give you an extension!😊
- I regret the mistakes I’ve made in the past. Put that bag down. Unless you’re God himself, you’re not perfect! Get over it! Say sorry and move on!
I know a lot of you have many many more things to add on. And put those down. God gave us this life to explore and learn from; not run from. He never told us to put them in bags and carry them around. Our creator told us to hand them over to him. Instead of carrying your burdens around , ask yourself what did I learn. Every day is a new day. Use your blessing of a new day to start over and try again. Get out the time machine and drop those bags!
When you put the bags down, tell them to shut up! They will try to tell you to pick them back up. They will remind you how much it hurts to be brave and live without them. They are freeloading hitchhikers! They are sucking out your happiness and weighing you down so you can’t move forward! A bad attitude causes you to miss your blessings!
Now keep walking straight and don’t look back! Walk this road you call life. Yes there will be curves in the road, but keep your eyes on the rainbow.
Do you want the bags to decide to chew you up and spit you out?!
Betcha didn’t know!😋
Also you might like 👇
Stop traveling through time! Live in the present.
Photo credit : pixabay.com and giphy.com