Hey neighbors! Disclaimer: Some bloggers I think may be getting the wrong idea from my post. None of my post are about becoming a successful blogger overnight! My blog is not a get popular overnight scheme! I hate seeing those infomercials on television, so please don’t relate me to that😳. I merely give tips on what could be stunting your natural growth as a writer. And with that being said, that leads me to what my subject is about. I know in WordPress we have become a community. We visit each other’s blog because we relate to the struggle of having very little readers and we enjoy each other’s talent. But did you know that visiting too many other blogs could stunt your growth? It’s mainly visiting other bloggers that’s in your exact niche. If your’e the type of person who consist of any of the following traits, it’s better to stay focused on your own blog.
- Do you easily become envious?
- Do you become tempted to steal their ideas?
- Do you constantly compare your blog to theirs?
- Do their blog make you feel insecure?
- Do you feel like they speak on subjects before you, and now you feel like your running out of ideas?
- Are you spying on their material more than actually enjoying it?
- Do the other bloggers make you feel like your’e not talented?
All of these can elicit negative emotions that can stunt the growth of your own blog and you as a writer. You have to remember that only one of you was created. Which means your thoughts and personality is one of a kind. Nobody will ever be your identical in thoughts. So that mean you have unique thoughts to write down. So what you should be asking yourself is what do I have to bring to the table as an individual in that niche. And the best way to find out is to back away from blogs that’s in your exact niche. For example, you do poetry. You are always reading poems about the struggle of being poor from a particular blogger. The poems are awesome, but now you’re catching yourself feeling less than. And now you’ve become tempted to write poems about something you know nothing about. Go back to your own blog, sit down, and ask yourself the question what is my stuggle? If your struggle is being lonely, then write poems on that. If you love the aromatic scent of flowers, then create a poem on that. Just please be original! Readers will appreciate the authenticity in your poems. And you will feel a lot better about yourself!😊
My points for this post is the following:
- Reading post that’s in your exact niche can stunt your growth in your own blog.
- Reading post in your exact niche can make you feel insecure.
- Reading post in your exact niche can cause you to constantly compare.
- Reading post in your exact niche can cause you to loose individual creativity.
- Let your individual voice be heard!
- Your readers will appreciate the authenticity.
- You will feel a lot better about yourself.
If you found this helpful you might also like
Don’t know what your niche is? Get 7 effective tips to discovering a successful niche!
Want to move your blog forward? Find out the most important step to a successful niche
Don’t forget the daily prompt😏😉
Betcha didn’t know!😄