Now that you know what a niche is, you’re probably asking the question how do I know I’m in the right niche? Or how do I find my niche? If you’re like me and have multiple interests, it’s a little difficult to narrow it down. But here is 7 effective tips to get you on your way!
- If you don’t know exactly what you want to do, then it’s best to experiment. Create a blog that allows you to talk about various topics. You can simply name it ” Just another blog” or name it after yourself. That way you can get a feel of what you like and gradually narrow it down.
- Get a niche you can write about for years to come. If not, you will end up quitting a year later because you got bored. Make sure it’s something you will look forward to writing about.
- Don’t be afraid to start your blog over. Sometimes finding your niche can be a journey. People don’t always know their niche right away. You might swear that cooking is your niche. But then a few weeks later, you never want to see another stove again! If that subject doesn’t make you happy, then it’s better to stop blogging about it all together. You may end up starting your blog over a few times.
- Get a niche that you can give a unique spin on. The most important thing in your blog is being able to give the reader something they can’t just find anywhere.
- Get a niche you are an expert in . The more you know about something, the more valuable your information will be. And if you don’t know much about it, adleast be willing to learn as much as you can about the subject. Remember, your job is to give the reader useful information.
- If you’re making a career out of blogging, you want to find out how well your niche does when it comes to revenue. If golf is your niche (talent), but it’s not known to bring in revenue from readers, then that mean people aren’t interested. That mean You’re going to have to figure out how to make that subject sparkle to grab their attention on an unpopular subject. If not , readers will say, “NEXT”!
- Check if there’s an over abundance of bloggers in that niche? The more people who are in that niche, the harder you will have to work to make yours stand out. So for example, if yoga is your nich, and it’s a major trend at the moment, then you can count on thousands of other people to blog about it. So yes, it has financial potential, but can you make yours stand out?
So here is a summary of my points:
- Discover your passion and experiment with it.
- Consider if it’s something you will enjoy for years to come.
- Is it something you can give a unique spin on?
- Does your niche create revenue?
- Is there an over abundance in your niche?
I hope I inspired someone out there!
If you found this helpful you might also like:👇
What do betcha say? My advice on Seven steps to a successful blog
Like posting your link on meet and greets? Here’s a quick and easy tip!👇
Also participate in the daily prompts
Betcha didn’t know!😄